Avesta Moly-Drop Test 960 is a chemical test that helps differentiate between 304 and 316 grade stainless steel by identifying the presence of Molybdenium in 300 series stainless steel. This simple chemical test allows you to check within 5-10 minutes through a colour change if your stock piece or scrap of stainless steel is 304 (no moly) or 316 (with moly). No colour change indicates grade 304, while a colour change to dark brown indicates grade 316.
- Easy to use - results in 5-10 minutes
- 30mL bottle
- Ideal if source of stainless steel is questioned (scrap of mixed steels)
- Valuable if contract documentation is not available
- Valuable if unexpected poor performance is encountered
- Capacity: 30ml bottle = 200 tests
- Shelf Life: 2 years when stored correctly
- Store: indoors at room temperature in an upright position treated as a dangerous good (corrosive product)
- Protection: proper protective clothing should be worn when used (corrosive product)
Using Avesta Moly-Drop
The Avesta Moly-Drop test is easy to use, displaying results within 5-10 minutes.
1. Shake bottle well before use.
2. Rub surface with abrasive.
3. Apply 1-2 drops and wait 5-10 minutes for results.
(No colour change indicates grade 304, while a colour change to dark brown indicates grade 316.)