Rotoweld 3.0 Twin Bay / HD
The road ends here. This is the highest tonnage you’ll get from an automated spool welding cell
The Rotoweld 3.0 Twin Bay HD has been designed for large projects like LNG plants and refineries that need to be built in record time.
- 3" to 48" Diameter Capacity
- 15,000lbs Pipe Stand Capacity
- 300+ dia inch Daily Productivity Capacity
INCREASE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY
ROTOWELD 3.0 TWIN BAY - HD
WELDING TORCHES AND WIRE FEEDER
- Designed with 2 welding torches: one to perform open-root-pass butt welds and the other for filling passes
- Each torch has its own wire spools. Root pass is done in GMAW; choices for fill passes: GMAW, FCAW, MCAW.
- Separate gas shielding system for each torch
- Robotized torch manipulator for fast and repeatable torch positioning on selected pipe diameter
- Torches can be easily switched — FCAW and SAW are both standard in the Rotoweld 3.0 HD model.
- Self-positioning of the arm in welding position in just a few seconds with no human manipulation
- Welding vision system controls the puddle penetration and adapts welding parameters in real time
- Embedded LED lighting allows the welder to easily align the torch in the bevel before starting to weld.
PROPRIETARY DESIGNED RAIL SYSTEM
- Rails are the backbone of the Rotoweld 3.0 and can be level on any shop floor conditions
- Rails are factory pre-assembled and pre-aligned for maximum on-site precision
- Seamless integration; no wires lying on the ground
- Welding station and optional fume extractor travel on the rails to desired position simply by using the joystick
- Twin Bay comes with 5 rails for a total length of 80 ft. (24.4m).
HEAVY-DUTY PIPE STANDS
- 4 pipe stands that can be moved quickly and easily on the rail while staying aligned with the rotator to guarantee perfect positioning
- A hand pump connected to the hydraulic cylinder levels the pipe section easily, efficiently and safely
- Heavy-duty steel idler rolls allow the pipe to turn freely. Optional rubber idler rolls are available for stainless steel application.
- Recovery bins designed for easier flux recovery and fast positioning under the joint
- Diameter range: 3 in. to 48 in. / 75 mm to 1,219 mm
- Load capacity: 15,000 lbs. / 6,804 kg
- Minimal set-up time required due to its self-aligned design
- Diameter capacity: 3 in. to 48 in. / 75 mm to 1,219 mm
- Centre line clearance to ground: 71 in. /1,803 mm
- Operation speed range: 0.2 to 1.9 rpm
- Load capacity: 3 ,000 lbs. / 1,360 kg
- Maximum torque 50,000 lbs.-in. / 5,649 n-m
- Optional stainless steel grippers.